The most exciting part of starting a business is telling everyone about it. We often think that creating a website is enough to capture everyone’s attention, but that alone usually leads to the sound of crickets chirping. This is where SEO has become a major focus on getting your business out to the world. Seo is search engine optimization where properly researched keywords are placed on your website and content to be targeted by various search engines. The concept of SEO is very broad; it encompasses keyword research, technical optimization, content, and link acquisition. If a business like HVAC contractors is looking to compete in the local market, they will need to pay close attention to their Seo strategy as well as local factors and signals to adapt to the local market.
Let’s explore some key components of search engine optimization to see how it applies to the HVAC contractor industry.
Finding the proper keywords for the HVAC contractor industry
Depending on what services you specialize in, this area of research may vary. There are a few categories of keywords that HVAC contractors should look at in their industry. Keep in mind; there are different categories of keywords to use such as general keywords, local geo-modified keywords, and longtail keywords.
General keywords: These keywords are very broad and encompass all types of services for HVAC contractors. For example:
- HVAC contractors
- air conditioning repair
- air-conditioning installation
- furnace repair
- furnace installation
When we look at these keywords, we may think that it’s highly competitive with the search engine. If we were to plug these keywords in there, we would be competing against millions of businesses in the world. However, Google is no fool. The search engine knows that location plays a significant role in search engine optimization. This means that the results display for someone in Salt Lake City will be different for someone in Winnipeg.
Local Geo-Modified keywords
This type of keyword modality is far targeted than general keywords. The local geo-modified keywords take location such as city and state into consideration.
These location-specific keywords are less competitive than the general keywords, so you will be able to rank your business to the top of the search engine. Also, keep in mind that your ranking is correlated with these types of keywords. For example, if you ranked locally for general keywords, there is a big chance that you will also rank for the local geo-modified keywords.
These keywords are a great tool to use for your content. They are extremely targeted, so it’s and not very competitive. That means anyone who typed in the longtail keywords on the search engine will easily find your business on the front page. This can improve your brand awareness and trust during the consumers purchasing phase. Here are some long tail keywords to consider:
- How much does a furnace cost?
- When should I clean my chimney?
- Do I need to service my furnace?
- What is the best air conditioner for a Bungalow?
- Can I finance a new furnace purchase?
Keep in mind that these keywords are often used for educational purpose. Consumers may not make an immediate purchase, but they are in a vulnerable state for information. Long-term keywords are a chance to prove to the consumers that you are a very knowledgeable HVAC contractor. The goal of this process is to show that you are the authority in the HVAC industry.
Technical and search engine optimization for HVAC contractors
Even though keywords play a vital role in search engine optimization, but it’s essential to identify technical issues and limitation on your website. There are tools like Sitebulb that can assist in analyzing data and provide information of what you can do to improve your website.
High-quality content + supporting SEO=SUCCESS
Nowadays, the Google search engine has evolved into a very sophisticated tool. In the past, you can scramble a bunch of keywords in content, and call it a day, but not anymore. The Google algorithm has become so advanced that the quality of your content plays a very significant role in ranking your website. It is imperative for you as an HVAC contractor to have high-quality content with strategically implemented keywords to maximize your search engine optimization experience.
Quality link building, citation, and website promotion for HVAC Contractors.
1) People often think that link building means incorporating their website to various other sources on the internet. This outdated SEO tactic can hurt you more than it can help you. Google has a sophisticated algorithm that calculates the quality of your link. You have to make sure that you link your website to other highly ranked businesses that are associated with your company.
2) A citation is a very important concept. It places your business name, address, and phone number on the search engine. This means that it’s critical for your business to be in Google My business, Bing Maps, Apple Maps, or any social media endeavors.
3) Backlinking is another critical component. If you have a realtor friend that has a website of his business, it’s best to ask if he can link back to your HVAC contractor business. This quality backlink can increase your ranking on the search engine.
4) Building a good partnership with people who are associated with your business is very crucial. For example, it’s important for the furnace and air-conditioning business to be connected with people in the real estate business. That way realtors can showcase your business in the repair department of their website or presentation.
5) Guest posting is a fantastic way to create quality backlinks. Guest posting on another website is a great way to showcase your knowledge and business. For example, if you guest post exciting information regarding AC repair on the Air-Conditioning Contractor Association website, it will give your business more exposure and credibility.
6) Building broken link is a popular, safe, effective, and easy way of obtaining high-quality backlinks for your website.
Overall, search engine optimization is a must for every business with a website. It’s essential to research the proper keywords and implement them on your website and content. You should also focus on creating quality content to keep your readers engaged and to bypass Google’s complex algorithm. The world of SEO is continuously evolving, so it’s crucial to keep yourself well-informed.
That way, you will avoid using outdated SEO tactics. As an HVAC contractor, you want everybody to know about your business and what services that you can provide. You want your business to have maximum exposure to increase sales and brand awareness.
Reliance Superior Heating & Air Conditioning
96 Terracon Pl, Winnipeg, MB R2J 4G7